Prince of Peace Parish
Prince of Peace Parish and School was founded on July 1, 1999 through the merger of St. Matthew Parish and School and St. Lawrence Parish and School. Both of
these parishes were founded in the early 1900’s with their schools being built soon after. Prince of Peace School continues the tradition of serving the families on the near south side of Milwaukee on its two campuses. The former St. Matthew School building on 25th and Scott Streets is used for four-year-old kindergarten through third grade with the former St. Vincent de Paul School building on 22nd and Mitchell Streets housing grades four through eight.
As part of our Catholic faith, our students and community participates in a variety of support programs throughout the year. Prince of Peace students are encouraged to serve and help others within the community.
These programs include:
– The Gathering Community Meal Program
– Freidens Community Ministries- Hunger
– Task Force
For more information on these programs and how Prince of Peace students give back to their community click here.